- Kivik v3.2.0 released with cluster membership support
- Kivik v3.1.0 released with partitioned queries
- Upcoming Kivik changes for CouchDB 3.x
- Kivik v3.0.0 released
- Kivik v2.0.0 released
- (Probably) final 2.0.0 pre-release, and v3 announcement
- The Future of Kivik
- Kivik 2.0.0-pre1 Released
- Package Rename Complete
- Preparing for a Package Rename
- All posts ...
(Probably) final 2.0.0 pre-release, and v3 announcement
Final preparations for v2.0.0 (and v3!)
Dec 16, 2019 • Jonathan Hall
Today I tagged what I expect to be the final pre-release of all core Kivik packages:
- kivik – v2.0.0-pre3
- couchdb - v2.0.0-pre4
- pouchdb – v2.0.0-pre3
- kivikmock - v2.0.0-pre3 (unchanged)
- kiviktest - v2.0.0-pre4
I expect to tag the final v2.0.0 version within a couple of weeks, unless bug reports come in.
Here I would also like to announce that at roughly the same time, I intend to release v3.0.0. v3.0.0 will be identical to v2.0.0, except that it will support Go modules. I could make that change along with the v2.0.0 release, but this could stand to break anyone using a v2.0.0 pre-release, and although that wouldn’t strictly violate the compatibility guarantee, since these are, after all, pre-releases, I believe it will be the smoothest upgrade path. And version numbers are free, after all!