- New kivik CLI tool
- Kivik v3.2.0 released with cluster membership support
- Kivik v3.1.0 released with partitioned queries
- Upcoming Kivik changes for CouchDB 3.x
- Kivik v3.0.0 released
- Kivik v2.0.0 released
- (Probably) final 2.0.0 pre-release, and v3 announcement
- The Future of Kivik
- Kivik 2.0.0-pre1 Released
- Package Rename Complete
- All posts ...
New kivik CLI tool
Apr 27, 2021 • Jonathan Hall
I’m happy to announce a new experimental CLI tool,
kivik, which is designed to simplify interaction with CouchDB servers.
While debugging, experimenting with, or administrating CouchDB, I found the repetitive use of long
curl commands to be toilsome. I’ve also found the flexibliyt of tools like
kubectl to be informative (i.e. supporting both JSON, YAML, and arbitrary output formats). And finally, I have often longed for a simple CouchDB analog to tools like
This tool aims to satisfy all of these itches.
- Easier to use than
curlfor interacting with CouchDB
- Supports both JSON and YAML inputs
- Supports JSON, YAML, and custom template outpus
- Allows replication between filesystem directories and CouchDB servers
- Supports retrys, to easily detect when a server becomes available
While I believe the features most likely to be useful are implemented, some features are still completely unimplemented (see the TODO list). There are also likely bugs, as well as inconsistencies. Bug reports are very welcome!
All feedback is welcome!